Author Topic: Behavior blocker stop working on Windows 7  (Read 62655 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Behavior blocker stop working
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2010, 05:57:34 PM »
What I can say is that the acknowledgment does not imply in any commercial reasons...
The problem is technical, not commercial. Please... What's up?
The best things in life are free.

YoKenny

« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2010, 08:15:39 PM »
@ Tech

Its broken on Windows 7 :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CITOH770wLE

Dch48

« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2010, 01:51:19 AM »
Dch48 the problem is not that we can't find the statistic's it's more to the fact there is no behavioral statistic's to be seen, all other stat's work just not this one. Would be hard for you to view this problem as it is only happening on windows 7 as it seem's so far.
I said what I did because if I click on Behavior Shield in Real Time Shields, I get the same blank box. When I click on show traffic history, then I see the data. In the screenshot that Tech posted, he was looking in the Real Time Shields and show traffic hadn't been checked. In real time shields, it only shows what has been scanned within the last few minutes and gives data accrued since startup in text at the bottom.. I'm on XP and Behavior Shield shows nothing in the box nor under events analyzed or blocked. When I click on Show Traffic History and look at the data for Today, it shows the figures. In Real Time Shields, the other Shields show data at the bottom even if nothing shows in the large white box. Apparently there is also somewhat of a problem in XP.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 07:59:52 AM by Dch48 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2010, 02:36:28 AM »
I think that may have more to do with the fact that the Behaviour Shield doesn't record anything relating to scanned/infected data in the log file, where presumably what would be displayed in the GUI would be retrieved.

So I think this is an omission in the Behaviour Shield UI as it doesn't even have the boilerplate/place-holder text (Last file scanned: Last file infected:) next to which the data would be displayed, like the other Shield UIs.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2010, 09:57:38 AM »
Dch48, The behavior shield under real time shield's has never shown any activity as i don't think this part has been implemented yet but it is only recently that the statistic's for behavior shield in show traffic history have not been working.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 10:02:31 AM by craigb »

SafeSurf

« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2010, 10:05:57 AM »
@ craigb,

If you read the various threads on the Behavior Shield, it has been implemented in 5.0.  I've had activity for over a year now, but there are still problems with the Shield that the devs. need to fix, which is what DavidR and I have been talking about.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2010, 11:15:36 AM »
Sorry SafeSurf i probabley should have writen that a bit better, i know that the behavior shield is working because it has actually sprung up a few times to do it's job but iv never seen activity in the main gui real time shield only in the show traffic history screen until recently. Hopefully that is less confusing  :)

SafeSurf

« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2010, 11:18:30 AM »
No problem.  I don't always write things well in here myself.  :P

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2010, 12:57:05 PM »
Sorry SafeSurf i probabley should have writen that a bit better, i know that the behavior shield is working because it has actually sprung up a few times to do it's job but iv never seen activity in the main gui real time shield only in the show traffic history screen until recently. Hopefully that is less confusing  :)

The real-time "log" only keeps track for like 1 minute back, so unless you catch it the very moment it happened, you won't see it there.
But you will see it in the main history log.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2010, 01:11:20 PM »
RejZoR, its only the show traffic history graph that im saying has stopped working recently in windows 7.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2010, 01:58:26 PM »
In Windows 7 ???
Is it your Behavior shield working?
It's scanning nothing for weeks!!!
The best things in life are free.

YoKenny

« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2010, 02:20:05 PM »
In Windows 7 ???
Is it your Behavior shield working?
It's scanning nothing for weeks!!!
RejZoR does not indicate what operating system he is using and he does not mind his gmail.com email is visable to spammers and scammers!

Tech, Behavior Shield has NEVER worked on Windows 7 for me!
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=63035.msg532753#msg532753

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • superhacker != super mario
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2010, 02:34:47 PM »
RejZoR does not indicate what operating system he is using and he does not mind his gmail.com email is visable to spammers and scammers!
1.May he just like me have four PC and it is not nice to put them all in signature
2.I dont know who infect the other but i am also show people my gmail e-mail and i love to read spam message and have some fun"from month to month to get a real spam"
Dreams don't die, they just fall asleep.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2010, 02:55:41 PM »
Since i can't remember the last time i've seen any spam message i couldn't care less for having my GMail address public.
I'm running 64bit Win7, so BB is not working for me by default. BB however works fine on my WinXP SP3 powered netbook.
Haven't checked my sister's Vista 32bit on laptop history though...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Dch48

« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2010, 01:00:05 AM »
Dch48, The behavior shield under real time shield's has never shown any activity as i don't think this part has been implemented yet but it is only recently that the statistic's for behavior shield in show traffic history have not been working.
I know it has never shown anything under the real time shields. It was just that the original screen shot about the issue showed that window to represent the problem.