Author Topic: [Resolved] CANT ACCESS INTERNET using avast AIS 5  (Read 64325 times)

Hard_ROCKER

Re: CANT ACCESS INTERNET using avast AIS 5
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2010, 09:32:23 AM »
Since it's avast!'s own firewall that you will be using, no you don't need to create a rule for webshield. It's allready there and allowed.

Yes now would be a good idea to reinstall AIS.

SafeSurf

« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2010, 10:05:57 AM »
Yes now would be a good idea to reinstall AIS.
Perhaps the OP should hold off on reinstalling AIS until Essexboy is done uninstalling his tools.  He has a routine, which I'm used to seeing, and I do not believe he is done yet, nor given the OP the "Spring CleanUp."  He should be back to the forum soon.

@ Skowy, Please hold off on reinstalling AIS until Essexboy is done with everything as I posted above.  OK?  Thank you for your patience as we try to get everything fixed and working for you again.

Skowy

« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2010, 10:13:20 AM »
no worries SafeSurf, I'll wait - 

ziucqea

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2010, 04:53:57 PM »
Anyway... Are you happen to be using a Ramdisk?
Or did you change the default location of Windows' Temp. folder?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2010, 08:55:25 PM »
Yes re-install AIS and see if you can connect to the net without disabling webshield

Once done could you re-run OTS again please and attach the log

SafeSurf

« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2010, 08:05:01 AM »
@ Skowy,

Please disregard ziucqea's post as he was warned in another thread by another Evang. for what he is doing now.  Continue to follow Essexboy's instructions.  Thank you.

Skowy

« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2010, 08:29:14 AM »
AIS uninstalled and reinstalled BUT what is strange is the Windows Security Center is "warning" that AIS is OUT OF DATE? what do i do? does the license expire? it was purchased on 3 weeks ago?

should i continue to run OTS and provide a file log?

Gargamel360

« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2010, 08:38:17 AM »
AIS uninstalled and reinstalled BUT what is strange is the Windows Security Center is "warning" that AIS is OUT OF DATE? what do i do? does the license expire? it was purchased on 3 weeks ago?

What does the Avast! UI say?, windows security center can be wrong sometimes.

should i continue to run OTS and provide a file log?

Yes

Skowy

« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2010, 08:42:45 AM »
AIS states that registration expires in 2012 so its correct -

NOTE: the avast Install was not successful -

Attached the OTS log - plus another log was generated? "Extras"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 09:24:41 AM by Skowy »

ziucqea

« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2010, 10:51:10 AM »
@ Skowy,

Please disregard ziucqea's post as he was warned in another thread by another Evang. for what he is doing now.  Continue to follow Essexboy's instructions.  Thank you.
The fact is, he is having the same problem as I used to.
Furthermore, none of your advice has managed to solve the problem.
Fortunately, I have eventually solved it myself.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2010, 01:19:33 PM »
In what way ?

I have noted that Ipsec is causing a lot of errors so I would like to check that out

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.  It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you.  Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Skowy

« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2010, 03:49:17 PM »
In what way ?

probably bad choice of words,i meant to say - that the reinstall of AIS was not successful in correcting the browser connectivity error, in other words... no change, i must continue to disable the web shield to allow connectivity -

to tired to think right now, need sleep - i will post the outcome to the instructions on previous post tomorrow -

thanks for your effort essexboy -  

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 03:54:04 PM by Skowy »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2010, 03:50:49 PM »
No problems - sleep tight  ;D

Skowy

« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2010, 03:54:22 PM »

oh, before i forget, can anyone tell me if this applies to my problem i found it in the trouble shooting knowledge base - Check your firewall configuration. For the correct operation the Web Shield process (ashWebSv.exe or aswWebSv.exe) needs a permission to access the Internet on TCP port 80 and a permission to act as a server and accept incoming connections from localhost (the local machine) on TCP port 12080.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2010, 04:04:46 PM »
It is unrelated as the ashWebSv.exe was the old 4.8 process of the Web Shield (not in avast 5.0). The avast 5.0 resident shields all come under the control of the avastSvc.exe process.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security