Author Topic: Avast 7 installs chrome without permission  (Read 56904 times)

skay_baltimore

Re: Avast 7 installs chrome without permission
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2012, 03:21:50 PM »
Anyone who posts nothing but straw man arguments and misdirection has an agenda.
No. He has (could have) an agenda.
Not the avast! company as he/she does not represent the company.
Here is an open forum where you could post your (respectfully) opinions.
Yeah, okay. (I'm sure that someone who posts over 6,000 times about a product has no interest whatsoever other than the goodness of their heart.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2012, 03:23:08 PM »
Yeah, okay. (I'm sure that someone who posts over 6,000 times about a product has no interest whatsoever other than the goodness of their heart.
For sure. We are tons of people here (with tons of posts in the last 10 years) doing it for goodwill, without financial return.
We achieved that. We're proud of our Community.
The best things in life are free.

skay_baltimore

« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2012, 03:31:41 PM »
For sure. We are tons of people here (with tons of posts in the last 10 years) doing it for goodwill, without financial return.
We achieved that. We're proud of our Community.
Maybe one day, then, those who are in that group will learn to answer questions that are actually asked, instead of trotting out useless, misdirecting apologist crap.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2012, 03:40:40 PM »
Maybe one day, then, those who are in that group will learn to answer questions that are actually asked, instead of trotting out useless, misdirecting apologist crap.
Well, we're not perfect - avast! team or users, as both made the Community - for sure. We have our bad times from time to time.
Generally, we speak freely in forums and can achieve a very high level of comprehension and friendship, knowledge and helpfulness.
Sorry if some of us, sometimes, fail this high ideal.
The best things in life are free.

skay_baltimore

« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2012, 03:49:34 PM »
Well, we're not perfect - avast! team or users, as both made the Community - for sure. We have our bad times from time to time.
Generally, we speak freely in forums and can achieve a very high level of comprehension and friendship, knowledge and helpfulness.
Sorry if some of us, sometimes, fail this high ideal.
It's not a "high ideal" at all to answer a simple question that's asked, rather than project a formulated misdirection response. In fact, most 5 year old children can do it on a regular basis.

We're done. No need to continue your charade any longer.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2012, 04:18:15 PM »
In fact most 5 year old children probably wouldn't get so worked up over your claim of this formulated misdirection which i for one believe is a load of tripe response if i ever heard one and to drag it out for this long over a simple comment you disliked is childish in itself, as tech explained all the user's here offer there help simply because they wish to ( no benifit ) and sometime's the comments are not what you want to hear, if you didn't aggree with what one person said then fair enough, say your piece and leave it at that and no need for further carry on  ::)

Rick F

« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2012, 04:32:24 PM »
I'd like to see someone from avast address the question...

"Why is avast installing 'not-asked-for' Chrome in ver 7?".  As noted on the previous page, this is the reason I won't be installing ver. 7.  For four pages of this thread, no one from avast has cared to contribute.  Hmm?

Note:  It says I'm an 'avast! Evangelist'... which suggests that I might proudly support the product.  Not exactly true, just a label based on the number of posts I've made in the past 5 years.

// edit //
I see someone change me from 'avast Evangelist' to 'Sr. Member'.  Thank you, more appropriate I think.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:41:00 PM by Rick F »

skay_baltimore

« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2012, 05:28:10 PM »
In fact most 5 year old children probably wouldn't get so worked up over your claim of this formulated misdirection which i for one believe is a load of tripe response if i ever heard one and to drag it out for this long over a simple comment you disliked is childish in itself, as tech explained all the user's here offer there help simply because they wish to ( no benifit ) and sometime's the comments are not what you want to hear, if you didn't aggree with what one person said then fair enough, say your piece and leave it at that and no need for further carry on  ::)
LOL. Yet another voice -- that has NOTHING to do with the OP's original, and legitimate point -- pops off. You must be so proud of yourself. (And I always find it amusing that the people who are posting the misdirection (i.e. anything and everything that has nothing to do with an OP's point, but, rather, has everything to do with either defending a product, whatever that may be, or attacking a poster who's posting something uncomplimentary about said product) are always the ones to derail otherwise legitimate threads. This thread is the perfect case in point.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »
Still going on about people trying to misdirect  ::) the chrome issue has been discussed and we all aggree there is some bug in the auto update somewhere but an install over the top and clean installs do not have this problem, no one is trying to derail this thread as there is nothing more that can be said untill avast themselves reply with an answer, as to users posting anything uncomplimentary about avast in the forum well that just comes down to how they post there complaint - using some tact for a start which you yourself clearly dont have would help as no matter which forum you go to if you show up there being abusive and a smart arse your only going to get peoples backs up so use some tact or you may find yourself being attacked.
As for people that just turn up here to jump into threads and start arguing points and there not even trying to offer help or have a problem as they just came here to bitch and complain! well theres a name for those people too "trolls" ;)

TheFireflame11

« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2012, 08:22:43 PM »
When i updated avast!, I already had Google Chrome on my PC. So this bug doesn't affect me. :P  ;D

Dch48

« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2012, 09:52:36 PM »
It didn't affect the Vista machine here which has never had any version of Chrome installed. And still doesn't. The other 2 machines did have Chrome installed but the existing installations were not affected in any way.

skay_baltimore

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2012, 12:07:25 AM »
Oh...and apparently when you tell the truth to these corporate shills on this forum you get a warning about being rude. What a surprise.

Dch48

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2012, 12:17:27 AM »
You have displayed a rude attitude and it doesn't take any kind of a "shill" to see that.

Offline wonderwrench

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2012, 01:42:29 AM »
IMO Chrome should not even be part of the installer. People who want it already have it. As far as uninstalling it is easy, well people please check windows task scheduler. I found several Google Chrome schedules still scheduled even though I uninstalled Chrome and rebooted before looking. Easily fixed but how many other things are not removed during the uninstall of Chrome. Since I always make an image of my boot drive before major software changes I just imaged back problem solved.

Bill
Main Box*i7 930*GB X58A-UD3R*3x4 gig Patriot DDR3 1600 EL*EVGA GTX 460 1 gig*Intel X25-M G2 80 gig*WD 2TB Green*ASUS DRW-24B3LT*Samsung SH-S223L*LG WH14NS40*Corsair AX750*Rosewill Challenger case*Windows 8 Pro 64 bit*Avast 8 Free 8.0.1482*MBAM Pro*Firefox 19.0.1*NoScript

Dch48

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2012, 01:46:53 AM »
IMO Chrome should not even be part of the installer. People who want it already have it. As far as uninstalling it is easy, well people please check windows task scheduler. I found several Google Chrome schedules still scheduled even though I uninstalled Chrome and rebooted before looking. Easily fixed but how many other things are not removed during the uninstall of Chrome. Since I always make an image of my boot drive before major software changes I just imaged back problem solved.

Bill
The updater staying behind is a well known thing with anything from Google. Even just their toolbar leaves that behind when uninstalled.