Author Topic: New AVAST 8!  (Read 192760 times)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: New AVAST 8!
« Reply #195 on: March 03, 2013, 01:39:14 PM »
For those moving to version 8 by updating from version 7, there is no option to omit the software updater.  I do not want this feature as it can be a nuisance, especially to novices whose systems are cared for by others more expert than they.
isn't there an option in the installation to untick the software updater? Otherwise you can go tho the configuration screen then go to programs and select avast chose for modify and then untick the software updater.
This is an option during the installation if you choose "custom" which will provide the options to install only the features you want.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #196 on: March 03, 2013, 01:41:57 PM »
Free version, adblocker not work with firefox, ı cant enable, ı try remove and install again , but avast say "en error has accurred". How can ı remove avast adblocker?

I went to Firefox Extensions and disabled Ad-Blocker. I didn't see an option to remove it though.
Settings/browser intergration and uninstall adblocker, you can also uninstall it via programs and features as it installs as a separate program.

Offline OsFly

« Reply #197 on: March 03, 2013, 03:21:24 PM »
Ad-Blocker ? hmm curious wich one works beter. The Ad-Blocker plus add-on or the one from firefox.
Well for now i keep running basic avast 8 install.

Tetsuo

« Reply #198 on: March 03, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »
Apparently Avast  is now able to scan mails also when SSL security is enabled in the mail client, but the current changelog doesn't mention it in any way.
As usual Avast changelogs are pretty useless and pointless. Whoever writes those changelos for Avast really need to read some changelogs released by Emsisoft (for example). Maybe this way they will learn something helpful and maybe I don't have to check every items in every windows of the program after each upgrade to find out what's new.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #199 on: March 03, 2013, 03:43:26 PM »
Apparently Avast  is now able to scan mails also when SSL security is enabled in the mail client, but the current changelog doesn't mention it in any way.
As usual Avast changelogs are pretty useless and pointless. Whoever writes those changelos for Avast really need to read some changelogs released by Emsisoft (for example). Maybe this way they will learn something helpful and maybe I don't have to check every items in every windows of the program after each upgrade to find out what's new.
Haven't you just repeated what you just wrote in the Beta thread.

I agree that the change logs should be upgraded before releasing any program but as your now using a completely re-designed avast interface it's pays to have a nosey around and see what has changed anyway.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #200 on: March 03, 2013, 03:49:37 PM »
Haven't you just repeated what you just wrote in the Beta thread.

I agree that the change logs should be upgraded before releasing any program but as your now using a completely re-designed avast interface it's pays to have a nosey around and see what has changed anyway.

I didn't know about this change ??? :o Could someone please point me the way of this SSL security is enabled in the mail client as I may have missed out :o :-X :-[
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2013, 03:54:17 PM »
I didn't know about this change ??? :o Could someone please point me the way of this SSL security is enabled in the mail client as I may have missed out :o :-X :-[
Mail shield settings Speedy

Defence

« Reply #202 on: March 03, 2013, 04:01:13 PM »
Ad-Blocker ? hmm curious wich one works beter. The Ad-Blocker plus add-on or the one from firefox.

I try both, Add-block plus and avast Adblocker, Add-block plus is the best. You must more improve avast Adblocker.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #203 on: March 03, 2013, 04:01:53 PM »
That strange :o they don't show the mail accounts list all references related to e-mail accounts accessed by Thunderbird see mind as I've completely forgotten about the changes.........whoops :o

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:08:12 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #204 on: March 03, 2013, 04:10:06 PM »
That strange :o they don't show the mail accounts list all references related to e-mail accounts accessed by Thunderbird see mind as I've completely forgotten about the changes.........whoops :o

Don't know as I don't use it but at the bottom of that page it says you no longer need those accounts and you can re-enable the security in your mail client.

Offline Cyberpunk

• Man is virus.
« Reply #205 on: March 03, 2013, 04:19:06 PM »
I don't know if this has been reported yet, but there seems to be a translation hiccup in the Dutch translation. Some parts are still in English. Fon instance, it says Beveiligd and under this text is Everything up-to-date All shields active

Screenshot:
--
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 - avast! Free Antivirus 12.2.2276

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #206 on: March 03, 2013, 04:19:53 PM »
Don't know as I don't use it but at the bottom of that page it says you no longer need those accounts and you can re-enable the security in your mail client.

I know that now as I'm going to fix this asap :o :-X

rhossack

« Reply #207 on: March 03, 2013, 05:02:17 PM »
Just installed version 8 and I cannot figure out how to add Gmail SMTP account to the mail shield.   I don't see where to add the account settings

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #208 on: March 03, 2013, 05:04:43 PM »

I try both, Add-block plus and avast Adblocker, Add-block plus is the best. You must more improve avast Adblocker.

The avast Ad Blocker is 'based' on AdBlockPlus (ABP), it isn't in competition with it. That is why when it detects ABP installed on firefox it doesn't install the Ad Blocker extension. ABP offers more configurability and inclusion of other lists.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #209 on: March 03, 2013, 05:08:10 PM »
Just installed version 8 and I cannot figure out how to add Gmail SMTP account to the mail shield.   I don't see where to add the account settings
You don't have to now if you read the last several posts, just turn the security back on in your mail client and make sure the scan SSL connection is ticked in avast Mail Settings, also remember to delet the accounts from avast.