Author Topic: Putting Background Processes to Sleep With Avast  (Read 20231 times)

Offline Stellarman

• Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Putting Background Processes to Sleep With Avast
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 12:31:42 PM »
Hi,

if some of the apps are not waken up automatically, please specify which programs/apps in which version you have a problem with so we can test them in our environment. The automatic wake functionality is build in a general way to work for every program but it might happen that some program needs a special handling and we would like to know that so we can adjust the functionality accordingly.
Additionally I would like to ask you to provide us with logs we could then analyze to see what happened in your case and fix it for the next version if possible.

You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

Offline Adam522

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2020, 03:56:40 AM »
Hi there,

Yesterday I installed the Avast Cleanup Premium to give it a try. After Fixing & Cleaning broken registry and shortcuts I put asleep some programs including Adobe Acrobat DC. I found out the files do not wake up so I set it up to wake mode. However, it didnt help and pdf files open only for a few seconds when they shut down after. Also jpg files now appear with indefinite icon, but I can open them with windows photo viewer.
I uninstalled the avast clean up hoping it would help but it did not.

I use Adobe Acrobat DC for work and I am stuck now.

Are you now kidding me with the verification requirements to post?

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2020, 06:23:51 AM »
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
Win 8.1 [x64] - Avast PremSec 20.7.2421.B#1 [UI.544] - CC 5.70 - EEK - FF ESR 68.11 [NS/AOS/uBO/PB] - TB 68.11 - SB/CP/SL/DU.BC
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Stellarman

• Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 03:19:46 PM »
Hi there,

Yesterday I installed the Avast Cleanup Premium to give it a try. After Fixing & Cleaning broken registry and shortcuts I put asleep some programs including Adobe Acrobat DC. I found out the files do not wake up so I set it up to wake mode. However, it didnt help and pdf files open only for a few seconds when they shut down after. Also jpg files now appear with indefinite icon, but I can open them with windows photo viewer.
I uninstalled the avast clean up hoping it would help but it did not.

I use Adobe Acrobat DC for work and I am stuck now.

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenient situation.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.