Author Topic: Bluescreen of Death  (Read 53980 times)

Aubsurmer

Re: Bluescreen of Death
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 05:13:37 PM »
Guys, for at least some of you (dahu, tobykim, ...) the problem is related to a special driver called 000.fcl.
A brief search on Google suggests that this file is part of CyberLink DVD. Can you guys confirm that you have this software installed?

And if so, can you please send the 000.fcl file to me for further analysis?
(click the envelope icon below my picture to do that).

Normally, it would be located in the "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD" folder.

Thanks much, and sorry for the troubles
Vlk

No need to be sorry about the troubles :P.

I don'T have that software installed and nothing named 000.fcl on my computer, so for me it's probably something else.

tobykim

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 05:24:51 PM »
Cyberlink installed and file sent hope it can be solved

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 05:36:30 PM »
tobykim, thanks for the file. We'll be looking into it shortly. BTW can you confirm that the crash occured when you were doing something with PowerDVD?

Aubsurmer, you're right, your crash is a different story. Unfortunately somewhat harder to debug as the dump file doesn't contain many useful pointers. But we're also working on it...

Thanks again
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Aubsurmer

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 05:38:45 PM »
tobykim, thanks for the file. We'll be looking into it shortly. BTW can you confirm that the crash occured when you were doing something with PowerDVD?

Aubsurmer, you're right, your crash is a different story. Unfortunately somewhat harder to debug as the dump file doesn't contain many useful pointers. But we're also working on it...

Thanks again
Vlk

Don't worry, i'm not in a hurry ! If you need more infos, just ask me.

brt

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 05:40:50 PM »
Hi vlk,

i am having same issue with BSOD, then forced restart on Vista AND can confirm this powerdvd file. It is picking it up on heuristic scan as a potential threat. Let me know how i can help.

Thanks

ps- i was not using powerdvd at the time of the crash
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 06:33:38 PM by brt »

ath

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 05:45:27 PM »
BSOD while opening Windows Live Mail. Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate (no PowerDVD installed). I can send minidump if needed (i have full dump too).

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 05:58:19 PM »
ath, please send me the minidump - I'll then tell you if I need the full dump as well, or not.

Thanks.

ath

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 06:07:14 PM »
Ok. Sended to your mail.

tobykim

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 06:15:33 PM »
can you confirm that the crash occured when you were doing something with PowerDVD?

No nothing with power dvd, I installed v5 without uninstalling v4 rebooted and the PC won't go past the welcome screen, started in safe mode uninstalled v5 and v4 and used avast clean tool, reinstalled again and still can't get past welcome screen, so into safe mode again and uninstalled v5 used clean tool again, reinstalled v4 and all working

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 06:32:16 PM »
I haven't switched over to avast 5 yet.  Heck, I barely found out on the avast Blog that the release had already happened yesterday.

I'll probably wait 2 to 4 weeks before switching over.
Anyway, I have a question for when I do switch over or for whenever I need this Info.
Do ALL computers go into Safe Mode by pressing the same key?
I know how to Boot Up in Safe Mode on my other computer ... my famous Windows 98SE Gateway. ;D I know how to do it on that one since I have all the documentation on it.  But, THIS computer, my Windows XP one, I got it used, with no documentation.  It is an HP Pavilion 6730.  How would I Boot Up in Safe Mode on this computer?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 06:33:48 PM by Chim »
Dell Optiplex 780 / Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz / 4 Gig RAM / Windows XP Pro 32-Bit SP3 / Panda Dome  Free 18.07.00 / MBAM / SAS / NetZero Dial Up / Maxthon MX5 5.2.5.4000

joiwind

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 07:15:21 PM »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 07:15:34 PM »
ath, if you could upload the full dump to our ftp, it would be useful.
Please compress it first and then upload to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming (write-only access)

Thanks
Vlk

PhilR

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 07:26:11 PM »
I've just experienced a spontaneous reboot with AV 5.0.377

Minidump has been emailed to vlk

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 07:41:08 PM »
Thanks, joiwind!  :)  However, that BootSafe would only work in the ideal case where one can get to the Desktop.  If something goes seriously wrong, be it because of avast 5 or because of whatever situation and our computer CANNOT get to the Desktop, then we wouldn't be able to run BootSafe.  But, at least it did seem to imply in that link that F8 IS the universal key with which to initiate Booting Up in Safe Mode for any computer.  At least that's how I interpreted it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:56:28 PM by Chim »
Dell Optiplex 780 / Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz / 4 Gig RAM / Windows XP Pro 32-Bit SP3 / Panda Dome  Free 18.07.00 / MBAM / SAS / NetZero Dial Up / Maxthon MX5 5.2.5.4000

garrett

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 07:42:47 PM »
I've just had another BSOD while browsing. the strange thing is that I've never had one single BSOD with beta versions.
Minidump has been emailed to vlk.