Did you reboot after doing your install of Avast?
Do you have any other security software on your machine either currently or previously
including firewall (FW)?
You state that you went out on the Internet...was your AV working at the time? If not, I suggest checking for malware with MBAM
(Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware) just to be sure:
· Download free http://www.malwarebytes.org/
for an on-demand scanner.
· Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
· After install, click update
so you have latest database before scanning.
· Under Settings:
: Automatically Save File After Scan Completes is checked off
o Scanner Settings
: Check all boxes
: Download and install update if available is checked off
· Once the program has loaded, select "Perform FULL
Scan", then click Scan.
· The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
· When the disinfection scan is complete, a log will appear in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note).
· Click the “remove selected
” button to quarantine anything found. You will find the infection details under the Quarantine tab.
· The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
· Copy & Paste the entire report in your next reply
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts -- Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process; If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.